Published on February 17th, 2020 | by Raychel O'Connell
Self-Love at Valentines, with aparto
This Valentines, aparto wanted to change things up, with a self-care evening with top influencer Melanie Murphy. Beckett House, one of the four aparto award-winning student accommodation sites, played host to a sold-out exclusive event.
Students were warmly welcomed to the state of the art, high-ceiling space by the awesome team, even the newest team member was on hand on the night, ‘Willoughby’, a 16 week old Bichon Havanese!
Beckett House’s superb surroundings were transformed on the night and filled with over 120 smiling faces. Guest’s enjoyed all of the finishing touches on the night; from a light refreshment’s bar, falafel bowls of wholesome goodness in the courtyard, a self-love wall, a treat yo’self pick a mix featuring Alpes D’Or, goodie bags plus an amazing spot-prize section with Lanaiblo, Real Techniques, Hask Hair, Instyler, Vero Moda and, of course, signed copies of Melanie’s latest book, ‘If Only”.
Once Melanie took to the stage guest were switched on and ready for an inspiring Q&A.
Melanie Murphy, not only a top influencer in Ireland / UK, is a qualified teacher, a bestselling author and an award-winning online content creator. At the aparto well-being student event she shared her journey, her passion for self-love, nutrition, fitness and self-care and growth.
Here are DAFTS Top 5 aparto x Melanie Murphy favourite top tips from the night
- Get enough sleep! If you struggle with this, evaluate your room (tidy, make it cosy) and practice a relaxing bedtime ritual. (a bath, stretching, meditation, deep breathing or an audiobook!)
- Try to include whole foods in your diet as much as you can!
- Move your body a few times a week in a way that feels good…endorphins trigger a positive feeling in the body!
- Are you getting enough face-to-face time with your family/friends? If not, schedule in time to connect with them. Talking to peers is so good for your mental health.
- Make time for activities that mentally stimulate you (such as reading or working on a project that you’re passionate about!)
Melanie on the night: ‘I’m very bloody lucky. The loveliest audience. Big love to aparto for the #apartofwellbeing event it was so well run…goodie bags and food and music, had a brilliant time! Was fab to be shown around the premises too – they have student accommodation around the UK and Ireland but it’s so much more than a place to stay, I love that they focus so much on providing students with opportunities to meet and connect with others from around the world…college can be a lonely place and movie nights, yoga events etc are such great ideas to help students feel part of something, a real home away from home!”.
aparto was voted as Best Private Student Halls Provider 2019* offering Student Ensuite rooms, near Dublin city centre and all major universities. Beckett House, Binary Hub, Montrose and Dorset Point constantly embrace the community feeling and ‘home-away from home’ experience.
Each site has a variety of Student Ensuite rooms, which are kitted out with a comfy double bed, lots of storage, study space, USB/Ethernet ports.
Your rent includes all of your bills, plus so much more:
- A great social scene, with events and activities at the residence all year.
- Lots of spaces to enjoy in your spare time: the common room, cinema room, modern gym, courtyard and roof terrace.
- Speedy WIFI
- Private study rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Meet the house pets
- Expert friendly team
- 24 hour CCTV
You won’t want to miss their packed social calendar, from free tasty breakfasts to buzzing event nights.